Sunday, 15 February 2009

My Dream Company

Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask (And so haven’t I!). Dreams have been a source of inspiration (and education!) for many creative thinkers, artists, writers, scientists, and other human beings engaged in the voyage of discovery we call "Life". As far as I’m concerned, I’ve been highly obsessed with these. I strongly believe that “I dream, therefore I exist." 
Dreams are often most profound when they seem the craziest and I’ve always had the share of the wildest of all dreams. I don’t exactly remember when I started surfing net, but I definitely and distinctly remember that the starting was… and so is my dream company, yes… GOOGLE!

Why Google, seems tough to answer, but still…

1)    I’ve always had a special incline towards mathematics. And, the very origin of this company lies in maths, the science of numbers.
"Googol" is the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros. The term was coined by Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner, and was popularized in the book, "Mathematics and the Imagination" by Kasner and James Newman. Google's play on the term reflects the company's mission to organize the immense amount of information available on the web.

2)    Google's mission is “to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful”. And so is mine, “to ease information access for people i.e. ubiquity”.

3)     Co-founders Larry Page, president of Products, and Sergey Brin, president of Technology, brought Google to life in September 1998. Since then, the company has grown to more than 10,000 employees worldwide, with a management team that represents some of the most experienced technology professionals in the industry. Eric Schmidt, whose pleasing and impressive personality has made a great impact on me, joined Google as chairman and chief executive officer in 2001. And who would not like to work under such a knowledgeable being.

4)     Google's world headquarters building Googleplex” is located in Mountain View, California, USA. While not all Google offices around the globe are equally well-stocked, some of the essential elements that define a Google workspace are the Lobby and Hallway Decors, Googler Offices, Equipment (high powered Linux OS workstations on their desktops), recreation Facilities(Workout room, massage room, assorted video games, and other sports), Google Cafe, Snack Rooms  etc. The whole idea of working in such an environment is enough for driving anybody crazy to work with such an organization.

5)     Google is a public and profitable company focused on search services, which are fast, accurate and easy to use. Probably, this is the reason, I first accessed this website while my learning stages.

6)     Apart from this Google also provides many other services like image search, code search, blog, labs, books search, and peruse the world's largest archive of Usenet messages -- more than 1 billion posts dating back to 1981. Moreover, the information is available in many different languages. It would be so enticing to work on these utility services.

7)     Features like Google toolbar and accessibility from mobiles make it indispensable. Google's utility and ease of use have made it one of the world's best known brands almost entirely through word of mouth from satisfied users. There is no tension of building the client base.

8)     The Google logo has always been very enticing to me. The two O’s seem to absorb two worlds (Earth of course! n God only knows which other!) in themselves. I used to have blurred images in my dreams. The logo used to hover in front of my eyes as if I’m the one designing it. Interestingly, the Google logo is changed to reflect important events and festivals etc., which is a feature that attracts me most.
9)     As a business, Google generates revenue by providing services like Google AdWords and Google AdSense programs, enhancing the experience for their users. The company also serves corporate clients, including advertisers, content publishers and site managers with cost-effective advertising and a wide range of revenue generating search services. 
10)  Google's breakthrough technology and continued innovation serve the company's mission. And that means the scope for continuous growth. This is what I primarily seek for in any organization, the growth opportunities.

11)  As a provider of software, services and monetization for users, advertisers and publishers on the Internet, Google feels it has a responsibility to protect our privacy and security.   And therefore, the company scores on the ethics chart.

12)  Google’s philosophy Never settle for the best” motivates me to work harder and continue to strive towards my goal.

Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.
Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, I would lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming,
after all, is a form of planning. And so I believe in…
“Explore. Dream. Discover.”
If I don’t start it today, I won’t be able to finish it tomorrow.

Eleanor Roosevelt has rightly said,
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions.  They are nature's answering service, and
we must not forget to pick up our messages once in a while.  That was for me, what about you?

Five years from now, I see myself working harder to achieve my goal in life…
Because if I achieve my goal so early in life, God will send me new one’s to strive for, as a life 
without goal or purpose of living is just futile, or living a dead life.

We are not only less reasonable and less decent in our dreams... we are also more intelligent,
wiser and capable of better judgment when we are asleep than when we are awake. 

So, I believe, rather, I know… One day I’ll make to it!
Always remember that for those who persist,
today's dreams are transformed into tomorrow's successes.

No comments: